Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Brett's Retirement Press Conference

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Inactive Member Slobber Knocker's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 27th, 2007
    Posts
    807
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Brett's Retirement Press Conference

    Anyone watching this? Seems like he could break down and start bawling any minute. Sad day. To me, there is no other sports on today. Not a Green bay fan but damn what a QB. Don't know if it is the feelong of retirement but he does look beat. Favre said he and his wife are really "tired" and they would take a year off. No charity works or anything.
    Somehow I do not seem him in a booth doing commentary like Marino and Bradshaw but I hope he stays involved somehow with the NFL.

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Slobber Knocker's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 27th, 2007
    Posts
    807
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Brett's Retirement Press Conference

    Had to laugh........he said he thought about this could be "pulling another Tiki Barber." That was the chance you took.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member BlueWahooChambordDevil's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 30th, 2007
    Posts
    7,204
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Brett's Retirement Press Conference

    I heard he cried like a 5 year old girl who just dropped an ice cream cone on the boardwalk
    [img]http://inlinethumb10.webshots.com/5577/2061259960091622927S425x425Q85.jpg[/img]
    [img]http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_6s6CdLQRCP0/SREpSZXb99I/AAAAAAAAATU/3O3G-P2Jqkc/s400/tombstone.jpg[/img]

  4. #4
    Inactive Member Slobber Knocker's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 27th, 2007
    Posts
    807
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Brett's Retirement Press Conference

    Like I said, he looked like he could start bawling any second but he whimpered a little bit at the beginning......not much. During the questions he answered with the press, no tears were shed. Nothing like you described though and I watched it all.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member burton2019's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 8th, 2004
    Posts
    7,723
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Brett's Retirement Press Conference

    I'll be happy when its all over.

  6. #6
    Inactive Member BlueWahooChambordDevil's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 30th, 2007
    Posts
    7,204
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Brett's Retirement Press Conference

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Slobber Knocker</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Like I said, he looked like he could start bawling any second but he whimpered a little bit at the beginning......not much. During the questions he answered with the press, no tears were shed. Nothing like you described though and I watched it all. </div></div>
    just passing on what i was told......i didnt see it
    [img]http://inlinethumb10.webshots.com/5577/2061259960091622927S425x425Q85.jpg[/img]
    [img]http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_6s6CdLQRCP0/SREpSZXb99I/AAAAAAAAATU/3O3G-P2Jqkc/s400/tombstone.jpg[/img]

  7. #7
    Inactive Member R13's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 25th, 2007
    Posts
    10,269
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Brett's Retirement Press Conference

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BlueWahooChambor</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I heard he cried like a 5 year old girl who just dropped an ice cream cone on the boardwalk </div></div>

    The guy was getting choked up because he was leaving something he loved so much and had been a huge part of his life for a long time....thats why I think ppl love him, not just because he was a great QB...but because he was a great person and wasnt afraid to let the world see the real Brett....not a packers fan but I loved the guy and what he did...in my book he is the greatest QB to play the game


    I personally will miss seeing #4 suit up again and play the game like nobody else

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •